Will taking Tylenol reduce/prevent swelling prior to intense working out (3 weeks PO)?

Hi there, I've been cleared to go to the gym now 3 weeks PO, but my nose is still quite swollen and I don't want it to get worse. I've been reading that working out can slow the healing process by increasing the swelling? Is this true? If so, I don't want to make the swelling worse than it already is so would takin a Tylenol prior to working out avoid increased swelling of the nose during a strenuous workout?

Will taking Tylenol reduce or prevent swelling prior to working out after nose surgery?

I do not think that taking Tylenol prior to an intense working 3 weeks after surgery of the nose would prevent or reduce swelling.  Tylenol is mainly a pain medication and does not influence swelling.  Anti-inflammatory medications, such as Motrin, Advil or ibuprofen, can help with swelling.  I do not believe that taking those anti-inflammatory medications would improve the swelling of your nose, but they certainly should not harm anything.  I would just try working out and see how your nose responds.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon