Will taking Tylenol reduce/prevent swelling prior to intense working out (3 weeks PO)?

Hi there, I've been cleared to go to the gym now 3 weeks PO, but my nose is still quite swollen and I don't want it to get worse. I've been reading that working out can slow the healing process by increasing the swelling? Is this true? If so, I don't want to make the swelling worse than it already is so would takin a Tylenol prior to working out avoid increased swelling of the nose during a strenuous workout?

Using Tylenol post nose surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Each surgeon has his or her protocols for postoperative care. Typically, tylenol will have no impact on swelling 3 weeks post surgery. Consult with your surgeon as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Will taking Tylenol reduce or prevent swelling prior to working out after nose surgery?

I do not think that taking Tylenol prior to an intense working 3 weeks after surgery of the nose would prevent or reduce swelling.  Tylenol is mainly a pain medication and does not influence swelling.  Anti-inflammatory medications, such as Motrin, Advil or ibuprofen, can help with swelling.  I do not believe that taking those anti-inflammatory medications would improve the swelling of your nose, but they certainly should not harm anything.  I would just try working out and see how your nose responds.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon