Does this look like capsular contracture? (photos)

My left breast has caused me pain and issues from the beginning. From a bruise that didn't fade for 3 months, to abnormal looking and now it looks worse. Any advice? 4 months post op, 400 cc moderate plus under

Breast Irregularity

Thank you for your question & photo. It is difficult to say if the contour irregularity is due to capsular contracture, implant malposition or something else. Pre op photos would be useful for comparison. CC must be assessed and determined in person with an exam. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon. 

All the best 

It is  little hard to tell form the photo but it would be wise to see your surgeon

Sometime even a bruise can leave some discolouration of the skin for 4-6months

Does this look like capsular contracture?

It's hard to tell without an examination.  Please make an appointment to see your surgeon to go over your concerns.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

4 months post op. some advices:

Thanks for sharing your question.

I recommend you to see your plastic surgeon and hace a personal evaluation cause its difficult to determinate without a physical examination.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Capsular Contracture

It is hard to tell exactly from your image whether this is capsular contracture or not. You should always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. Revision of #breast implant and lift #cosmeticsurgery may be needed for: asymmetry, continued ptosis, implant malposition as well as all of the other reasons needed for breast implant revision surgery.