I'm looking to get a breast augmentation and I'm currently somewhere between a 34a and 34B. 5'2" 115-120 pounds. Petite (Photo)

Basically I'm Asking what the best Size in cc and profile type. Moderate plus or high profile? I have been told 350 moderate plus and if I want bigger than 400 high profile. I would like a large c. And cleavage with nice natural round hang. I don't want pointy breast. I heard once doctor say high profile can make a Madonna effect. Don't want that. My current doctor said most women complain they w at them bigger and he said he didn't want me dissatisfied. But he said 350cc. Would be nice on me.

Implant size and projection

Choosing an implant depends on multiple factors, both in regards to your anatomy and your goals. A sizing system can help immensely when it comes to finding the right size. I use the Mentor sizing system in my office and it helps women narrow down the volume that they prefer. Depending on the base width of your breast and the volumes you are comfortable with, projection is then addressed. The higher the profile, typically the fuller the upper breast. For some women, higher volumes and narrow base widths mandate a high profile implant. I would be happy to see you in consultation to go through these options with you. The bottom line is that there is a range of implants that you would be happy with.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

I'm looking to get a breast augmentation and I'm currently somewhere between a 34a and 34B. 5'2" 115-120 pounds. Petite

I appreciate your question.
The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.
Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.
Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.
During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

What size?

I always tell my patients I can't take a gallon of milk and put it into a quart container so I make the pocket and after that is made I will have  a variety of sizes available for impalnts and just start putting them in till I getr one that is nice and full,good cleavage and not looking over stuffed.I usually use mod high profile.350 for you should be about right.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You have beautiful natural breasts. Going too large or high profile, in my opinion will make them look less natural.

You want a pretty natural look. If your surgeon says 350cc MPP fits you go with it. If you shop bras at Victoria secret you will be full C or D. Read more below to compare the look of high profile implants:

I'm looking to get a breast augmentation and I'm currently somewhere between a 34a and 34B. 5'2" 115-120 pounds

Thank you for your question and photos.
Given your dimensions 350cc -400cc  will give you a D - DD cup. It is true that most women complain they wished they had gone bigger, but you must also know that larger implants also cause more complications. Please be aware that implants are heavy and will drag your breasts down with time. Chronic pain and inability to find clothes that fit properly is also a problem. Difficulty exercising is also an issue with large implants. Large implants almost always require to cut the muscle to allow it to fit. Cutting the  muscle will leave you with no inner support and give you saggy breasts sooner. I suggest you choose the smallest implant that will give you the desired look. Larger is not always better. By the way, your wish picture is more like a DD cup. I suggest you visit the breast implant removal forum on this site for more information. Educate yourself and make a wise choice.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing using sizers for breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, thank for your height and weight and breast size estimates, they do help. There is really no way to accurately predict what size you would like without an examination. During your examination and consultation, you should try on some sample sizes and see what you are comfortable with. Then the PS can help explain with the size and current condition of your breasts.

If you have accomplished this step, then trust your plastic surgeons advice as to what would be the best size for you.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

Every patient has their own idea of what size they think looks best on them. I would start by performing the rice test at home to help you gauge the look of the volumes you have discussed with your plastic surgeon. My recomendation is that once you narrow it down always go with the largest you are mentally okay with as the number one complaint is patients always wish they were bigger. But as far as profile I would suggest allowing the doctor to make that final decision based on surgical findings and taking into account the final volume you like. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

'm looking to get a breast augmentation and I'm currently somewhere between a 34a and 34B. 5'2" 115-120 pounds. Petite

I always recommend next size up so in you the 375 or 400 cc moderate plus would be best.............

C cup

You already have some breast tissue and have nice symmetry.  For a natural C cup I would recommend a moderate plus style in the 300-325 cc range.  You should try these implant in consultation.  If you would like a more voluptuous look, a 350-375 cc high profile would be another option.  These recommendations are of course pending measurements made in the office of your chest width, skin stretch, etc. 

Breast Augmentation Result - Implant Choice vs. Anatomy

The best outcomes for breast augmentation occur when the beginning anatomy is optimal, meaning 1) narrow intermammary distance (narrow cleavage line), 2) no sagging, 3) no asymmetry, 4) reasonable volume choice for implants.  You possess all of these attributes and as such you should have an excellent outcome as all the other answering surgeons have stated.  If you are on the fence about a 350 or 400, I often suggest to patients that they split the difference and use 375 or some volume in between.  This makes the regret of "I wish I had gone bigger," less likely.  I have no doubt you will enjoy your result.  Early congratulations!

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon