Two weeks after lower dental implants, I have numbness and tingling in my tongue and lips. Is this normal?

Numbness and tingling after implant placement surgery

Sometimes the proximity to mandibular nerves can arise this kind of problems. a set of x-rays or a panoramic x-ray can identify the problem and address it. On a regular basis two or three days after the surgery placement you should not feel anything at all.

A follow up appointment is recommended.

Dominican Republic Dentist

Numbness after dental implant

Hi:

There are rare occasions that there is irritation of the nerve in the jaw bone due to proximity of the implants to the nerve, however you should let your dentist know right away about the symptoms.  

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist