What's the best laser for Skin Resurfacing in, 2016, to tighten skin, improve texture, pores and wrinkles?

Specific concerns are the eye and nose area. Also, do they promote rosacea like broken veins?

Thanks for your query. Different laser are designed to cater different problems . For skin resurfacing and tightening THERMI RF is the latest and the best in the market as it provides unbeatable results and for broken veins IPL works better.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. Removal of facial wrinkles and deep lines specifically around the eyes and nose are common uses for laser skin resurfacing. Specialized lasers including Erbium and CO2 are innovative for 2016. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon as your surgeon will have a certain preference and expertise with the laser at their office.  Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin Resurfacing

Hi and thank you for your question! This depends on the amount of downtime you're comfortable with and your skin type. We have found the most dramatic results have come from our Sciton Contour Erbium laser. This has shown very impressive results in the thinning, crepey skin around the eyes and for pores. This depth of the laser is tunable, so we can decide how much downtime but on average a week to two weeks will allow for the best result. Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Another good option

Thanks for submitting your question!  I'm a fan of the 1540 nonablative fractional laser.  This is a fast, comfortable treatment in the office that does not promote rosacea.  Usually, in 3-4 days, you can reapply make up and return to your normal routine.  This is a much faster recovery than the CO2 laser which is significantly more aggressive, although a good treatment as well.  Hope this is helpful to you!

Best Laser for Skin Resurfacing

As an oculoplastic surgeon who has had the same issues addressed, I can vouch for the MiXto CO2 laser. This model has a patented handpiece which allows more comfortable application of the laser in an office setting. Prior to this, an effective CO2 laser application had to be done in a surgery center setting. If you choose another laser, make sure that it is a CO2 laser - that is the best wavelength to penetrate the skin and induce collagen. The laser does not induce rosacea or broken veins, but you will find - with optimal settings for pores and wrinkles - the skin remains erythematous (red/pink) for weeks. Usually the peeling process takes 5-7 days, but the erythema lingers (looks like you have been out in the sun). After the peeling, the skin is baby smooth, and ready for makeup. The laser may be combined with surgical procedures - such as blepharoplasty - that have similar down time. The postoperative recovery is easy with regard to comfort. My patients feel like doing more than they should, but are encouraged to recuperate at home without aerobic activities. Sun precautions and skin care afterwards are very important. Best wishes with your decision. 

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon