Can I smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes a day after 3 months of FUE hair transplant & can I apply shampoo directly on scalp after 3 month?

Sir can I smoke one or two cigarette a day after 3 months of fue ht and can I apply shampoo directly on scalp after 3 months of fue ht

Smoking and Showering After FUE Hair Transplant #FUE #Neograft

• At three months it is unlikely that smoking will have much effect on your hair transplantation.
  • Additionally, shampooing your scalp at three months post-op poses no danger. 
  • I do definitely recommend that my patients not smoke for at least one month prior to their hair transplant, and do not resume for at least one month after their procedure.  The nicotine in cigarettes can cause issues with blood supply, and for grafts to take we want the blood supply to be as robust as possible. 
  • For the first week to ten days, we have our patients gently wash their hair by simply pouring soapy water on their scalp and rinsing with water.  Rubbing the scalp during this period of time could cause issues if grafts are dislodged.

Smoking, shampooing and FUE

After the 4th day post FUE hair transplant you may resume using your regular shampoo and return to most activities.  I would hold off on strenuous exercise for a full week.  While smoking is not healthy in general, I advise patients not to smoke for at least 4 days before and 4 days after surgery.  Smoking will decrease blood flow to your new grafts.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

After 3 months there isn't much you cannot do. Smoking is generally bad for your health.

After 3 months there isn't much you cannot do.  Smoking is generally bad for your health.  If you are concerned check with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking/Shampoo after FUE hair transplant

After 3 months you can pretty much do whatever you want with your hair. After the first week you can resume with your regular shampoo/conditioner regime. Smoking is not recommended because it restricts blood flow. But the head has the most blood flow in the body so a couple smokes a day will not do any long term damage. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 or 2 cigarettes a day after 3 months of FUE hair transplant

3 months after hair transplant grafts all take or some of lost anyway and you can do everything , including every kind of activity, smoking, close contact sports so on. You may wash your head  how often and which shampoo you want, just like before operation.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

When can I shampoo my hair?

not smoking is a great idea as it may effect growth. We have our clients shampoo their head the day after the procedure. In reality you can smoke and please shampoo your head. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Limitation 3 month post operative Hair Transplant

Go live your life, there are no limitation 3 months post operative a transplant.  You should be washing your hair normally at this point.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

3 months after FUE

At 3 months after FUE you can do whatever you want to do. There should be no limitations on you at this time

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon