Both of my cheeks have brown spots. What can I do now? (Photo)

In my face i have many brown spot and it was past 2year I used many doctor medicine but no effect as same as I was have..so have you any suggestion what I do now??

Age Spots Treatment

Thank you for your question in regards to age spots. It appears that you would benefit from a series of peel treatments, along with the use of hydroquinion. It is important to use a daily SPF to help reduce the amount of age spots that can appear in the future. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Both of my cheeks have brown spots. What can I do now? = consider Obagi skin treatment #obagi #brownspots #skincare #drmesa

In my practice, patients that have difficult to treat dark spots in the face that have failed other treatments in the past are very pleased with the results obtained with Obagi Nu Derm Skin Transformation System. "Obagi" as commonly known, is a medical grade cream system (only available at a doctor's office) that improves/corrects age spots in the face with minimal downtime. When guided,  like I do in my office, difficult to correct dark spots are significantly, and the skin looks quite rejuvenated the results to the point that every patient that comes for his final evaluation very often brings me her/his spouse, friend or relative for Obagi treatment.

Patients interested in age spot management should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in skin care

John Mesa MD
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)
RealSelf Top 100 Plastic Surgeon

John Mesa, MD

Brown Spots

Thank you for your question and picture. By looking at your picture I think the best solution for you is the VI Peel. You may need a series of peels to accomplish the best results. Sun Screen with an SPF 33 at least is a must!

Stephen P. Beals, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Melasma to face

There is a couple different treatments you can do for this problem. The Sciton Profile BBL treatment works well in targeting melanin in the skin which causes the brown pigmentation. Another great option is the Permea laser by Clear and Brilliant. They are both quick and easy procedures, I recommend doing either in a series of 3or4 4-6 weeks apart.

As always, wearing SPF45 or higher on a daily basis is very important.

#sunspots. #brownspots. #agespots

How to treat brown spots in the face

Hi there,

Thank you for your questions and photo.

Improving the skin color to blend it and make the skin smoother is definitely possible with a good skin care regime complimented with superficial laser or peel treatments.  

Getting a good result does require you to be consistent with the skin care and to use sunblock. It takes some patience. Your skin has a tendency to form dark spots. Small amounts of light and any irritation will also form dark spots. Your treatment needs to concentrate on removing the darker spots and also on preventing the skin from forming new darker areas. 

For the skin regimen, I usually recommend hydroquinone and vitamin A (like retinol or retinoid acid). Sometimes we add azelaic acid. 
The importance of sunblock can not be underestimated. 

An exam in person can better tell you how long it would take or how much improvement you could get. 

Hope this helps
good luck 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyperpigmentation of the face

I would recommend a consultation with the view of putting you on the Zo skin treatment system with the possibility of an IPL laser treatment with regular follow ups complimenting this with the use of sunscreen.

Kimit Rai, MD, FRCS(C)
Surrey Plastic Surgeon

Mixed pigmentation

I think you have mixed pigmentation, namely sun induced lentigo, but background melasma. Melasma is well demarcated, whilst the isolated darker spots are 'age/sun related'.

Melasma is one of the more difficult conditions to treat. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Facial age spots: best treatment

Unwanted brown spots (lentigos) are often due to sun exposure combined with hereditary skin type. These are common in the cheek area and be found anywhere there has been sun exposure. As we age we see more of them. Sun block protection, topical skin care products (only certain ones), chemical peels and some lasers can all be used effectively to reduce these. When an area looks too dark or different, a biopsy might be necessary to rule out abnormal cells or cancer 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brown Spots/Hyperpigmentation

It's difficult to determine by the photo you submitted whether this is sun induced or melasma. It appears to be sun induced based on the diffuse manner of pigmentation. However, if there are patches of hyperpigmentation it could suggest melasma (horomone induced). If you present patches on your cheeks, upper lip and/or forehead it is mostly likely hormone induced hyperpigmentation. If this is the case, you want to avoid aggressive treatments such as laser and IPL (photorejuvenation). 

If it is diffuse hyperpigmentation (brown spots) then you have multiple options available for you. These options include but not limited to Fraxel, IPL, TCA peel and/or Vampire facial with kojic acid.

If it appears to be hormone induced (melasma) then your safest options are moderately aggressive chemical peels and medical grade serums that suppress hyperpigmentation. Aggressive treatments can aggravate the condition.

I hope this information is helpful and as a reminder, the best way to avoid hyperpigmentation is to apply sunscreen daily.

Regards,

Jose L. Ruiz, M.D.

Jose L. Ruiz, MD
Kissimmee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brown Spots and Cosmelan

The best treatment for these brown spots would be Cosmelan.  It would take two treatments (peels) with Cosmelan combined with the proper products to clear you.  Chemical peels with bleaching creams could also help you.  Best, Dr. Green