Does red light laser really work?

I am thinking to buy red light laser (portable) as suffering from severe hair fall from last two months. My doctor suggest me to go for red light laser treatment ( already had that once). so planning to buy one. want to know is worth to buy .

Laser therapy for hair

Laser therapy is usually reserved for those who cannot undergo hair transplant.   However, low level laser therapy (LLLT) could be an effective alternative for some individuals suffering from patterned baldness.  This noninvasive procedure works by stimulating hair growth through the exposure of low-level light on the hair follicles.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

I am thinking to buy red light laser (portable) as suffering from severe hair fall from last two months. My doctor suggest me to

In my estimation, it is of little or no help. I believe that minoxidil or Rogaine would be more likely to help over the long haul. 

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Laser caps and lights

It is a gimmick.  Will not produce growth and can even cause harm due to the heat it produces and the traction it causes (caps) with frequent use. 

Save your money.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lasers

The use of low level light therapy with laser light is is controversial. Some doctors prescribe it and other like me do not

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

I have a better option--Hair Loss Treatment, PRP, Progesterone, Hair transplant

I can't really answer this because I don't know what machine you're considering purchasing. For hair loss, the best options right now are PRP and progesterone injections to the scalp and/or hair transplantation.  Best, Dr. Emer.