Please suggest a treatment which can treat my scars without harming my skin? (photos)

Sir/mam, I am 18 year old boy and i had chicken pox in 2008 ' and it left scars on my face which are shallow and depressed, they are like small pits. It also left away 3 scars on my head which are just rough and doesn't blend with the surrounding skin. . I have been visiting 3 dermatologist, but all gave me different opinions. Please help me as i have not been able to select the best and less harmful treatment for me.

Doctor Answers 2

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Venus Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Treating Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An in office consultation is the best way to advise you. A combination of lasers such as Fraxel or EMatrix and VBeam may be necessary. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in treating scars. Best, Dr. Green.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.