My nose is flat and thin (Photo)

My nose is small and flat. I am unhappy about my nose... I want pointed nose... How can make it longer and point to it..

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Unhappy with Small Flat Nose

Your picture tells little about your nose so I will respond only on the basis of your description. Please take the time to submit pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website. A wide tip can be defined and the nasal base narrowed. Projection of the tip and profile can be increased with cartilage grafts.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may need a columellar strut graft and a dorsal onlay graft.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Open structured rhinoplasty

There is hope for your case, I would suggest the use of cartilage and fascia grafts to give your bridge projection and also to structure the rest of your nose with other cartilage grafts. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Flat nose

Thanks for your question. In general a flat nose is the result of short nasal bones and a relatively short septum, thus there is no support for a strong or tall bridge of the nose. In order to create a stronger dorsum in these situations a grafting material is often necessary. I typically opt for a biologic material such as septal cartilage or rib cartilage. In extreme circumstances of severe trauma I may use a synthetic implant, but very rarely. I would counsel you to consult with an experience nasal surgeon as this is not a technique that is easy performed in novice hands. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon