I have undergone 7 sittings for face hair laser reduction. My doctor calls me for the sitting after 4-6 weeks. Any suggestion? (

I can see the results but its not that much. Should the laser treatment be continued or how many more minimum sittings will be required?

Hair Removal

There are several different lasers that can be used to remove hair on patients with darker skin tones.  We use the Harmony XL pro that has in-motion technology.  It can be used on skin types V with good results.  You would benefit from a consult with a cosmetic physician who has experience with patients of color.  

New Orleans General Surgeon

When #LaserHairRemoval is not giving you permanent and significant results

Dear twinklem:

We have treated hundreds of patients with Indian skin tones and you should be seeing permanent and significant reductions after three treatments. After 6, most of the hair is gone in a typical patient who has been returning for treatments on the recommended schedule. Nd-Yag, Diode, or Alexandrite lasers can be uses for Indian skin of medium color. The first two are just a bit uncomfortable because they penetrate deeper, but are safer for dark Indian skin or black skin.

I recommend that you consult a board-certified dermatologist and ensure they are overseeing the parameters used for your treatments. I have been consulted by many patinets -- and their attorneys-- regarding burns sustained after treatment at a spa or without proper supervision, especially for people with your skin type. Even worse, perhaps, is the vast number of clients who are under-treated, to prevent side effects, and become caught in a cycle of never-ending treatments rather than permanent removal.

If you are interested, see my website laser hair removal page below for a more detailed explanation.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatments

I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. It takes a series of treatments for improvement in hair reduction. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer