I see some skinny white layer on my transplanted area which becomes visible after the wash. Why is that? Is it harmful? (Photo)

I had hair transplant on 1st Nov,2016....now I see some skinny whitish layer on my transplanted area which becomes more visible after the wash....why is that????is it harmful in any way...how to get rid of that?? Also can I use dove shampoo now.....my transplanted hair area is healed now and there is no redness....can I still loose graft....??I am using minodoxil topical (5%)solution 1ml twice a day.....also taking finax(1mg)once daily and androanagen tab once daily....

After a hair transplant- what to expect

You are now 6 weeks post hair transplant and most of the hairs from the newly transplanted grafts will be lost  and eventually new ones will grow in its place.  It is all part of the process of new hair growth post-transplant.   The usual timeline for hair loss is 4 to 8 weeks. Then at 2-3 months you will see new growth consisting of fine, thin hair. From 4 to 8 months the hair becomes thicker and coarse.  By 12 months you will start to see the final result.  Yes, you may use any shampoo you like.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care. It is not clear what you are seeing so it may be best to

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care.  It is not clear what you are seeing so it may be best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding

These grafts will sooner or later shed. They are never a problem for new hairs that start to grow. Usually, there is a lag time between the time the hairs shed (2-8 weeks) and the time the new hair grows (3-8 months). IF for any reason, there is an overlap between the two, pay no attention to it for when the new hair grows, the old hairs from the grafts that may persist beyond 8 weeks, will eventually shed

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon