I have hair at the bottom of my chin. What should I do?

3-4 are thick and rest are thin and get bleached . I have heard that if laser is done directly without the use of raser the hair doesnt regrow . Is it so ? Kindly give some solution to this !!

Doctor Answers 7

Hair Removal

Visit a board certified plastic surgeon with updated technology for laser hair removal. Laser hair removal should take care of the hair under your chin. For permanent results you may need multiple sessions. Laser hair removal is a common procedure and is considered safe for skin. 

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Laser hair removal

Laser hair removal is a great solution for permanent hair reduction, therefore it does not permanently remove all the hair from the targeted area. It works the best on dark and thick hair, therefore you are a good candidate.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 45 reviews



Laser hair removal is a viable option to remove hair under the chin. A series of treatments is required to achieve maximum reduction of hair. Good luck.

Janet Turkle, MD
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

Laser Hair Removal

Laser hair removal can definitely address your concerns with hair under the chin. I recommend you see an expert to discuss treatment options as this will require a series of laser treatments. 

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

I have hair at the bottom of my chin. What should I do?

Laser Hair Removal should eliminate this problem, good luck and make sure you are being treated with the best technology!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 87 reviews

Laser hair removal on chin

Laser hair removal on the chin is successful for thick, dark hairs. If you have a dark skin type, you need to make sure a 1064 laser is used. It will take 6-10 treatments to be effective and touch ups as well. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Laser hair removal

Laser hair removal targets the pigment of the hair segment that is in the hair follicle. At any given time, approximately 70% of hair follicles will be in the active or "growth" phase - and these are the ones that will be essentially permanently destroyed by an excellent hair removal laser - without injuring the skin, when well performed.  8 weeks later, of the remaining 30% of surviving hair follicles, approximately 70% of those 30% can then be destroyed to yield 90% removal, and so on. With our system, the Nordlys Hybrid, it is best if the area is freshly shaven so that the energy absorption from the hair removal devise, is concentrated at the follicle. This type of devise works best with darker hair on lighter skin.  Hope this helps!

David Hartman, MD, FACS
Canton Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.