I had 50 units of botox with no result. My face is bulky and chubby. How much unit/time to get a slim face. (photos)

My face is so chuby n bulky i did not get satisfied result in 50 unit of botox..so how many tyms nd how much units should i take to get completely slim n thin face and cheeks...m so serious about it..or should i take surgical operation for it..plz tell me sir...

I had 50 units of botox with no result. My face is bulky and chubby. How much unit/time to get a slim face.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Botox only works in slimming the lower third of the face when muscle hypertrophy of the masseter muscles has occurred.  This atrophy does take several weeks to show a change so depending on the timing since your treatment you may need to allow more time to pass to see results.  That said, you have an overall oval shaped face with a more square jawline and Botox will not be able to slim your cheeks and there are no real surgical options to do so.  Hope this helps.

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

You may not have an overdeveloped masseter. You may be able to feel your face is slimmer if you add volume to your cheeks with Voluma and perhaps to the chin as well to balance the shape.  Liposuction can be done on the cheeks. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox in the masseter

Thank you for your question AMBUJ TRIPATHI. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. In the lower face Botox can be placed in the masseter muscle to slim the lower face. However, this only works if the masseter muscle is large. One can determine this by feeling and looking at it while biting down. Other treatments include Voluma in the upper cheek. This makes the upper cheek wider and makes the lower cheek appear slimmer. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox for masseter muscles

Botox and other neuromodulators can reduce the size of the masseter muscle near the jawline in patients with hypertrophy.  This is usually most effective in thinner patients with prominent muscles.  The effect of slimming takes a few months as the muscle becomes less active.  However, in your case it, the bulkiness of the lower face is more related to superficial fat seen especially on the lateral portion.  This could be treated with a fat reducer like Kybella or liposuction of the neck and jowls.   Botox would likely not be very effective in your case.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox masseter injection and face contouring

Botox can be used to contour (slim) the lower face in patients with a bulky masseter muscle. The typical doses required are between 15-25 units of Botox per masseter muscle. However, it is important to remember that this will only work in patients with a bulky masseter muscle. Botox will not work for this indication in patients without masseteric hypertrophy. It does not work on fat. I recommend that you see an experienced injector and facial aesthetic expert for an in-person consultation. He/she will be able to evaluate your masseters at rest and with contraction to determine if you would benefit from Botox injection.

Hello Ambuj, Botox can help slim a face if you have an enlarged masseter muscle (the muscle that helps raise your jaw and located where the jaw changes direction).  This is treated with about 25 units on each side but can be higher.  It takes frequently 2-3 injections spaced 3 months apart to get the final result.  The reason is it takes time for the muscle to atrophy (shrink).  It also helps patients with TMJ pain.  However, if your face is more full because of your underlying bone structure or from excess fat, then it would not be expected to have any improvement. I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon in your area to learn about your options to address your facial concerns.I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to slim the face

Remember, the Botox is used to weaken the masseter muscle. 50 units is a medium dose for a male. It will only offer improvements if indeed the masseter is the underlying problem. If simply fatty tissue, Botox will not change the width of the face. Please consider a Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon evaluation for other options which might include laser lipo or thermi. I don't consider your face chubby though.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox does not slim faces, except when used to treat masseter hypertrophy or thickness of the jaw area.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

First of al your face is not chubby.  You have a square face and that is what you have been born with.  Botox will NOT make your face less square.  If it is the angles of your jaw that you are concerned about,  injection into the masseter muscles should decrease the bulk a bit.  However one runs the risk of completely paralyzing the muscle.  Please speak to your plastic surgeon.   You do not mention over what period of time you received the botox, or where, anatomically  the botox was placed so I am a bit confused and therefore apologize that I cannot give you additional information. . 

Botox to thin face...

Thank you for your question.  Botox will thin the masseter muscle, causing a square face to have a more oval appearance in the lower face, it will not think your face out overall and most definitely not your cheeks.  It works on the jawline area to thin the lower third of a square face.  Typically we use somewhere between 25-50 units per side.  I advise you to follow up with a board certified Dermatologist/PS who can do a proper evaluation and recommend an appropriate treatment plan for what you are trying to accomplish.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon