I m just 19 and the hair loss has started - I'm losing my confidence. (photo)

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  Genetic hair loss for men can start in your teenage years.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

I suggest seeing an expert for a formal evaluation.  This can be treated with multiple options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Regain your hair health and your confidence

Hello. I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hairline from going further back. Treatments such as Propecia/Rogaine or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are proven to be very effective. The use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life and will not restore your previous hair line but will help you maintain your existing hair.Your hair loss can be genetic, stress related or a medical condition. My advise for you is to visit a  doctor who specializes in hair loss in order to find out the actual cause of your hair thinning. Once the cause for your hair loss is determined we can decide what is the best treatment to follow to prevent the hair loss to advance and restore it.

We are here to help you look and feel good!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

19 and hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements with the HAIRCHECK instrument which is very effective of predicting hair loss based upon early loss of your hair. It will determine the degree of your hair to determine the degree of the
thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of
your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more dvanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon