10th day after the surgery and I am not sure about the result (Photo)

It's my 10th day after the gyno surgery and I am not sure about the result, the doc has been saying that its the sweeling and will be gone soon, but still I am not getting the satisfaction.. Please find the pic.

You are still in early stages of healing.  Follow your surgeon's post op instructions and wear your compression vest.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

You need to wait at least 3 months to assess the results of your gynecomastia surgery

10 days is far to early to assess the results of your gynecomastia surgery. you need to wait at least 3

months before judging it and that may be too early.

hang in there.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Results of Gynecomastia Surgery After 10 Days

10 days is way too soon to see your results, swelling can make a big difference and last for several weeks. Try to be patient and follow your surgeons instructions. I have my patients wear a compression vest for 6 weeks after surgery to help control the swelling. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD