Will my crease form? (Photo)

Its been 5 days since my asian blepharoplasty. I am happy with the result but i just keep doubting that there wont be any crease in my right eyelid. I feel like as the wound is healing the crease is disappearing. There is still just too much skin in my right eyelid, or is it just the swelling? I am scared and worried. The skin on my right eye just hangs down as compared to my left eye where the place of incision pulls my eyelid skin up. Please tell me is this normal?

Will my eyelid crease form?

It is certainly very early in your healing process but the crease does appear a bit loose.  I would follow up soon with your surgeon.  If you used a suture technique the crease may still form just fine but you need to check with your surgeon.

Chase Lay, MD

Asian eyelid surgery specialist

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery First

Significant swelling is normal and to be expected after Asian eyelid surgery, especially if an incisional technique was used.  Once the initial swelling resolves in 1-3 months the crease (if properly created during surgery) should become better defined.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Upper eyelid

You are in the very early stage of healing.  Swelling and bruising is normal and may last for a few weeks. Please follow up with your surgeon consistently to address any issues regarding excessive skin, asymmetry, and crease formation.  All the best!

Umeng David Thao, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon