I had stitches in my forehead and now I have a scar. How can it be removed?

Correction of forehead scars in Los Angeles

Many forehead scars require surgical scar revision followed by laser therapy, ematrix RF, and subcision. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Scar Improvement can take many different approaches

Hello.  Facial scars can be very distressing.  There are so many factors which determine the way to treat a scar.  Your skin tone, the age of the scar, the texture of the area as well as color all affect and determine the best method to improve a scar.  The best approach is to consult with a cosmetic surgery specialist to discuss all of your options.  After seeing the area, I could give you a better idea of how to best address the problem.  Good luck.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Scar on Face -- fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, subcision

Please post photos for further evaluation and treatment advice. Facial scarring can improved with subcision, fillers, medical tattooing and laser treatment (Fraxel) or surgical removal. I suggest you speak to an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Scars are permanent but can be improved

It is important to have good realistic expectations.  complete removal is not possible.  but if it is a fresh scar, the use of products such as silicone gel sheeting, in my experience, is very beneficial.  for older scars, you may want to get an opinion to see if lasers may help fade.

good luch.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon