Breast fat transfer.

Fat transfer to the butts, face, hands and some other areas of the body has been fairly successful over the years. But this does not really hold true for fat transfer to the breasts. For breast ft, a lot of factors need to be considered and requires extremely specialised skills and very experienced hands. Why? Despite this, success cannot be guaranteed. Again, why??

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat grafting to the breasts

are done with success and takes of over 50% of what is grafting.  All that means is that more than one procedure may be required to achieve the desired results.  There are many ways to process fat and I prefer the PureGraft system as its simple and effective.  Restricted activities are needed post-op to help the graft improve its take.  And with any procedure, you cannot expect guarantees.

Breast fat transfer

As you have correctly stated there are many variable factors that affect the results of fat injectionmany of these are currently under investigation .including at our hospitalExternal pre expansion (BRAVA)  ,Platelet rich plasma and addition of stromal vascular fraction has been found to be of value

Breast fat transfer.

Breast fat transfer is different in the fact that a very specific body type is a candidate. In order to be a candidate for fat transfer to the breast without an implant or a lift, the breasts must be youthful and perky with no ptosis and a nice tight skin envelope. This means that there is not a lot of space in the breast for the fat. Unlike the buttocks, the small envelope of the breast can only safely hold ~250-300cc of fat. Once you take into account that 30-50% of the fat volume dies (just like it does elsewhere), the remaining volume is low ~150. 150cc is about one cup size of fat on a good day. Woman who are looking for fat transfer usually want the results of an implant but want to use their own fat. Very rarely when woman get implants do they pick an implant size as small as 150cc. So it is actually successful but our expectations are not the same as they are elsewhere in the body. Make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon that is experienced in fat transfer and that you are informed and fully understand the expectations for this procedure.