About alopecia areata

I have a hair fall problem from 3 years now recently I have completed my skin biopsy test . in report ,I m suffering from alopecia areata . Is it possible to regrow my hair . Is there any possibility from plantation to regrow my hair .I my just 25 year old.

Hair transplant surgery is not recommended for patients with alopecia areata. You will risk losing more hair or no growth.

Hair transplant surgery is not recommended for patients with alopecia areata.  You will risk losing more hair or no growth.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Possibility of HT in Alopecia Areata?

rabindra singh,Thank you for the question. Well,you are suffering with chronic alopecia areata. The prognosis is not as good as with the acute form which usually is self-limited. In alopecia areata there is inflammation in the dermal papilla, this leads to temporary hair loss. This as oppose to inflammation around the sweat gland which can affect the stem cells and lead to scaring alopecia. This is usually permanent hair loss. I would recommend that you seek to see a hair loss expert, dermatologist, or derm-path for treatment of the condition. Transplantation should be considered only after biopsy proven no activity for at least one year. Prognosis for AA occurring after puberty is that only 25% became totally bald, and 5.3% recovered.
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Alopecia Areata

It generally is possible to reverse the effects of AA.  In any case, I always am very aggressive in treating it medically.  You need to see a top notch Dermatologist who has the knowledge and medications to treat you and is willing to use every one of them.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist

Treatment for alopecia areata

Thank you for your question, Alopecia which may is hair fall. It is an autoimmune disease. I have developed a new technique called Organic Hair Transplant which treats Alopecia.Organic Hair Transplant is Stem cell and together with FUE har transplant, we know that stem cells have the ability to rejuvenate and invigorate the site of application, which is why the first step we take is to inject stem cells in to the patient’s recipient site. The stem cell injection contains a stem cell enriched solution obtained from the patient’s own fat tissue.I have attached link where you can see the before and after photos and also watch video.

Alopecia areata - hair transplants not an option

Hair transplants are not a good option for alopecia areata. Be sure to see a dermatologist to review options for treatment.

Alopecia areata

Alopecia areata is a disease that will kill off a hair transplant. Even if it reverses, the disease can come back and destroy the hair transplant

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon