I'm 21 and suffer from too much hairfall. About to go bald. Please direct me some effective solution.

I am 20, suffered from severe hair loss and now i can see my head skin, while Any of my immediate family members never showed signs of balding before 55 years of age. What is the reason behimd it. What should i do? I can't afford hair transplantation

Doctor Answers 3

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation to determine what is causing your hair thinning/loss. There are many different non-invasive options for treating hair loss. Rogaine works well for hair loss, but best in combination with PRP/ progesterone. Transplantation is another option. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Young man with hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

How to reduce the rate/prevent more hair loss

Hello. For what I see I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hairline from going further back. Treatments such as Propecia/Rogaine or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are proven to be very effective. The use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life and will not restore your previous hair line. To restore the hairline you could consider a Hair Transplant.A consultation with a hair specialist will be ideal to detect the exact problem and look for the best possible solution.Best of Lucks

William Yates, MD
Chicago Hair Restoration Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.