2 months post op gynacomastia, Is it just swelling or residual gland ? (photos)

I had gynacomastia surgery two months ago , right nipple is flat but left is bit puffy i feel sumthing under d left nipple and around it pls have look and let me know

Swelling Concern 2 Month After Gynecomastia Surgery

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

2 months post op gynacomastia, Is it just swelling or residual gland

Thank you for submitting your question and photo. Your very early in your recovery from gynecomastia surgery. Your chest and nipple will change over the next several weeks.Final results take 6-9 months.  Discuss your concerns and have an examination with your surgeon. Best wishes

Swelling vs tissue....

...is the question.  At 2 months there is certainly still some swelling AND not all of the skin has tightened.  If the gland was removed via excision I'd tell you to sit back and relax.  If only lipo was performed my feeling is that while this still will improve, there may be a small amount of glandular tissue.  This may or may not be visible in another 3 months. 

Tim Neavin, MD

Final Results from Male Breast Reduction Take Time

It can take 6 months to a year for all the swelling to resolve and the skin to contract into its final configuration. Be patient. You may or may not need a revision. Time will tell.

The hard swelling might be a small seroma?

To be certain, return to see your surgeon or see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Residual gynecomastia

After two months most of the swelling has resolved, but if you are an active individual you maybe more swollen then average.  I recommend waiting another few months to get your final result.  Preop photos would be helpful for comparison.

Puffy Nipple after Gynecomastia Reduction

At two months after gynecomastia reduction surgery, your chest is not fully healed as of yet. But if it persists the puffy nipple represents a small amount of residual breast tissue located right underneath it.