Wanna know if I have gynecomastia glandular or only fat? (photos)

I feel some glandular part I guess, m 25, I've had since 15-16 its increasing a bit due to work stress m worried,Im decently built but if it's just fat I can work as hell to remove it it looks kinda odd, of late my libido is not as high as it was once what should I do, I deserve a better life, what hormones should I get tested? Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance

About the Types of Gynecomastia

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.

#Normal Gynecomastia usually apparent in boy between the ages of 12 to 15 years old and older men 65 years old or more who experience a drop in their testosterone levels. This type of Gynecomastia takes about one to two years to regress on its own.
#Pure Glandular Gynecomastia is particularly seen more commonly in body builders and is caused by steroid use. Surgical removal of the gland is required for treatment.
With Adult Gynecomastia, fat deposits are apparent in the glandular tissue. This type of gynecomastia is the most common and doctors may recommend surgery for treatment of the condition.

Adolescent Gynecomastia is hereditary and usually appears in 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. Many cases of adolescent gynecomastia resolve on its own as the boy grows into adulthood. Some may choose to undergo surgery to correct the situation, this usually happens at the age of 18 or above. In severe cases in young boys, the physician and child development specialists will need to speak to the parents regarding the severity of the gynecomastia and if surgery is an option before the age of 18.
#Assymetric or Unilateral Gynecomastia appears in either one or both breasts at different degrees. In many cases one breast appears larger than the other. Surgery is a common treatment for this type of gynecomastia.
#Pseudo-Gynecomastia is composed of adipose tissue instead of glandular tissue. This type of gynecomastia can be treated with diet, liposuction or surgery
Severe Gynecomastia commonly affects those who have lost skin elasticity at an older age and those who have been obese or overweight at one point in their life and lost weight may have saggy skin and breasts that are severely enlarged. Surgery is the recommended treatment for severe gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Gynecomastia?

It appears from your pictures that you have some element of true gynecomastia. If so, this represents glandular tissue and probably will change very little with exercise or weight changes. It is not usually a serious medical condition, but if you are concerned about the appearance I would recommend that you seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Your chest

Thank you for the photo but I can't tell if what I am seeing is fat or glandular tissue.  You should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.  More common questions are answered in the attached video.

Tim Neavin, MD

#BestGynecomastiaSurgeon

These questions are best answered after a consultation  and examination with a board certified plastic surgeon. The most critical decision to be made in achieving the #bestPlasticSurgicalResult is picking the most experienced and talented, that is the best, plastic surgeon possible. Too often, patients choose a physician based on a catchy ad, the brand name of a technique, the basis of one or two before and after photos, or their web site’s search engine ranking. These criteria will not find the most experienced and talented plastic surgeon. The follow link will help find the #BestPlasticSurgeon for #gynecomastiaCorrection

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Wanna know if I have gynecomastia glandular or only fat?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia Delhi, IA

How should I choose a surgeon? Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery.
Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection. 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering? 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.
When surgery is done correctly,recurrence is extremely rare  even if there are hormonal problems

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. As far as your other issues, start out with your primary care doctor. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and photos but an examination or mammograms are needed to give a definitive answer.  So see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia

Obviously a physical examination would be best to resolve your question.Based on your photos and your description it appears ther is a certainly a glandular component to your gynecomastia.

Jay M. Pensler, MD