My upper & lower lips both are protruding. What are the possible options to get it to normal size? (Photo)

My upper & lower lips both are protruding outside. I consulted a dentist he started it is because of my jaw line. The only option he suggested was jaw cutting which is a rather painful process & he started it will not enhance my looks

Jaw Surgery for Protruding Lips

Without more pictures of your face, specifically a side view, a view of your entire face or at least the lower portion of your face, and pictures of your dentition, it is impossible to give you a personalized or the best answer. An in person examination is necessary. Having said that, if your teeth are angled outwards or towards your lips instead of straight up-and-down, yes, they can be pushing against your lips and causing them to protrude more. This could require orthodontia and possibly orthognathic/jaw surgery. However, lip reduction surgery where some of your lip tissue is removed with incisions on the inside of your lips could also give you a solution without jaw surgery. Best of luck to you.

Sacramento Physician

Reduction in Lip Size

This can be treated with surgery. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in surgery on this area. A formal consultation is needed. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Reduction Surgery NYC

I do not think you need surgery on your jaw!
I appreciate your concern and while physical exam is optimal, your photos demonstrate that you would most likely benefit from lip reduction surgery!  The procedure is done in the office, under local anesthesia, and it takes about one hour. Recovery is usually one week, as postop, the lips are quite swollen. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the procedure. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with lip surgery, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD