PRP Therapy after hair transplant?

Hi doctors..My question is that is PRP therapy safe after hair transplant ?? Someone told me that it can cause BRAIN TUMOR or CANCER ..because it contains GF ( growth factor) that enhances cells growth .Please clear the doubt if it is true or myth?? Or Swallowing after PRP is normal ?? Shall be very thankful to you

PRP After transplant

PRP is a safe and proven method in stimulation and growth of the newly transplanted follicle.  As well as LLLT.

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

PRP is great with progesterone after hair transplantation.  Please see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PRP safe?

Dear kamaljnagal:The first use of PRP in the scalp was with hair transplants. Physicians discovered that bathing the transplant plugs in PRP prior to insertion improved their survival and resulting in quicker growth of thicker hairs. I do not believe you should have concerns about having PRP injected or micro needled after having transplants.  With regard to your other questions, I personally would not inject PRP in an area of prior skin cancer, but there are no association with other types of cancer, and especially not brain cancer. There also is no association with swallowing problems.  All the best,  Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

PRP and transplant? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, PRP is safe with hair transplants and after transplant surgery. It has been used for years for this indication. Find an expert to guide you. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP Therapy after hair transplant

is very safe and effective for stimulating hair restoration and regrowth.
 PRP is not associated with brain tumor or cancer.  Just make sure to
receive treatment from a qualified physician that has proper training (and
certification) in PRP treatment.

David P. Melamed, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist