I have undergone liposuction 2 years ago, from last 6 months my tummy muscles bulged out. Is this diastasis recti?
Doctor Answers 2
Tummy bulge 2 years after liposuction
- You need an exam to know the cause of your tummy bulge
- Diastasis is one possibility
- More likely if you have had children or gained a lot of weight in the past 18 months.
- hernias is another possibility,
- Sometimes, crunches can strengthen the rectus so much that they cause a bulge.
- So get an exam - the best person to see is your original plastic surgeon. Best wishes.
Abdominal wall prominence can been due to more than just surplus subcutaneous fat.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.