Bulging chin looks really bad please help. (photos)

i am 20 yrs old female, had braces 6 months back, maybe my chin was previously protruded but indeed after braces it has become more prominent and labiomental groove has also deepened, sometimes it also looks like a ball/bulge, i am really concerned, plz address the issue and tell me the name of the condition i am suffering from, can i also send u a picture for detailing? thank u regards

Chin / Neck Liposuction

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry to hear that this feature is bothering you so. I have not personally done liposuction for the chin itself, but one of my partners treated a gentleman with the same problem you have. He used laser-assisted liposuction (Smartlipo) and also treated the neck area. He had a great result, but it does take awhile to see the results (3 months at least). You might find a surgeon in your area with this technology and consider a consultation. Best wishes.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation

Hi Vriti,

From your photos it appears that you have what they call a receding or weak chin. Augmentation is necessary to achieve facial balance and harmony.

To augment the chin, the surgeon begins by making an incision either in the natural crease line just under the chin or inside the mouth, where gum and lower lip meet. By gently stretching this tissue, the surgeon creates a space where an implant can be inserted. This implant, made of synthetic material that feels much like natural tissue normally found in the chin, is available in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. This allows custom fitting of the implant to the configurations of the patient’s face. After implantation, the surgeon uses fine sutures to close the incision. When the incision is inside the mouth, no scarring is visible. If the incision is under the chin, the scar is usually imperceptible.

A consultation with a facial plastic surgeon can provide you with the information you need to decide on your best options

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulging chin looks really bad please help.

Hi, a non smiling true profile view would help in the evaluation. I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. Liposuction can be performed at the same time, using the same incision under the chin, to remove any excess fat below the chin.

Hope this helps.