Breast size have decreased by 1 cup. (photos)

I got breast augmentation done 26 days ago and got my implants removed 3 days back. My skin looks normal without any sag though i have become A cup whereas i was a B cup before augmentation. Why is it so ? Do i have any chances of any complications like seroma n all, ?

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - Breast size have decreased by 1 cup.

I'm sorry about the back and forth you've been through.In general, your breast size should go back to about what it was before; your implants were not in that long.  It may take a while for your tissue to fall back into the shape it was in before your surgery, but it doesn't make sense that you would be a full cup size smaller.You should of course discuss this with your own plastic surgeon, who may have some other explanation for what you're experiencing.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best implant you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants.

I am so sorry surgery did not work well for you.  After you have healed, it is doubtful that your breast will look any different than they did before surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Concerns after breast implant removal surgery...

I am sorry to hear that the breast augmentation surgery did not work out well for you.   At this point, it is much too early to evaluate your breast size/shape.  Given your history, it is extremely likely that you will end up with breast size/shape almost identical to your initial breast size/shape. Best wishes

Breast implants removed - now cup size smaller than before

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • I am so sorry breast augmentation did not work out well for you.
  • It is very good that your skin isn't sagging.
  • You can't tell your final size at this point - swelling will make everything flat.
  • Give yourself time to judge your final result - at 6 weeks you'll have a reasonable idea, at 6 months you'll see the final look.
  • You can have bleeding,infections and seromas form after 3 days - so take it easy for now.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast size have decreased by 1 cup?

Thank you for your question and photos.  At three days after surgery it would not be very accurate to make a final judgement of your size or outcome yet.  Be patient and wait at least six weeks to allow things to settle and to recover from surgery.  It would be very unusual that one would lose a breast size in one month with implants.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon