Sudden hair loss & premature greying? (Photo)

I am 20 years old male & since last year my hair started to turn white. At first there were like only 5-10 but now its like most of my hair has turned white & recently I noticed that i am losing a lot of hair. They don't break from the root but from the middle( you can say it splits). No one from my family has suffered from this as some people say it's genetic. Am I missing out some nutrients or vitamins in my diet? I need immediate help because whitening is very rapid

Hair Loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

I suggest seeking an expert for further evaluation of your hair loss. Non invasive treatments such as PRP/ progesterone have shown improvements. Best, Dr. Emer

Hair loss and graying of the hair

Both of these, graying and hair loss in men are genetic but they are not linked to each other Treat the hair loss by seeing a good doctor for the treatment is very effective in 20 year old males

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early greying of hair in men

The term "premature greying" refers to hair greying that occurs before the age of 20-25 in Caucasians and before 30 in black men and women.  I occassionally evaluate patients in my clinic who start greying in the teens or twenties. Many, many factors influence hair greying especially genetics. Thyroid abnormalities, pituitary problems, B12 deficiency are just three examples of many conditions that cause early greying.  Smoking too can cause early greying. In fact, a 1996 study in the British Medical Journal showed that smokers are about two to four times more likely to have grey hair. A recent study supports a possible link between low iron, calcium and vitamin D but that needs to be further investigated.Autoimmune conditions like alopecia areata, vitiligo and premature aging syndromes (like a condition called Werner's) can cause early greying of hair.Overall, early greying of hair is fairly common and not usually associated with any underlying problem. That said, a full workup is needed for greying that fits the definition of premature greying.