I had gynecomastia surgery. How much do you think my skin will contract also will I require a skin reduction surgery? (photo)

I had severe gynecomastia from past 10 years I had a surgery (gland +lipo)5 weeks back and I still have a lot of excess skin around my chest. Will this skin contract by itself in a few months or would I need a second procedure With exercise and the use and some supplements could solve this issue ?? Please help

What to Expect after a Male Breast Reduction

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Skin retraction

It looks like you still need to recover from you surgery a bit. I suggest you wait about 4-6 months after your surgery then see your surgeon to discuss your results if the skin is still sagging. You may need revision surgery.

Gynecomastia

Sorry to hear of your problem and preoperative photos would be helpful to judge your result. That said an examination would be very helpful to see what is going on as well as your operative report.  

Dr Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD