Delayed Sculptra Reaction (Swelling, Bruising)

I had a Sculptra and after the initial bruising (about 7 days) everything looked good. After about 7 weeks, my face started swelling and bruising again under my eyes. It started out small, but now it is massive and has become 1 large lump extending from under my eyes to the temples. It is very painful, disfiguring and bruised. I had one cortisone injection into a marble sized lump and it broke it up. I don't know if i should continue the cortisone, do saline injections or just leave it.

Sculptra post-treatment side effects

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

These symptoms sound highly unusual following Sculptra treatment.  Bruising is related to injection, and should not occur weeks following any of the injectables used to revolumize the face.  I would discuss with the treating physician, or seek out an experienced Sculptra physician injector.  They can be easily located on the Sculptra Aesthetic website.  Physicians with a "T" next to their name are trainers on the product and may have more breadth of experience in handling such an event following Sculptra injection.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra reaction

If you received a good response with a cortisone injection, you should do many  more to make it flat.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon