Relieved one vial of voluma. Concern was primarily jowls. My jowls are still present.What are my options to fix my jowls?(photo)

One vial was injected in right tear trough (symmetry) then the remainder divided between cheeks.Does it look like I needed more or less?I am not satisfied with how it looks, have since learned voluma is not optimal for tear troughs.Should I get it dissolved?Could still be swollen, 3 Feb was procedure.What can I do to be rid of my jowls? Finally,my procedure was very painful. I almost passed out from it due to feeling the needle being driven up to my tear trough through my cheek. Is that normal?

Pre jowl area

Hey there. You might try a little Botox in the mentalis muscle to help the chin project a little less and also some fillers on the sides in the jowl area. You don't have jowls per se, but almost a lack of jowls. Tough to tell when not in person. Any filler up around the tear trough can be painful and certainly an odd sensation. Voluma is ok though. But not everyone is a candidate for fillers there and needs a bleph...  Just some ideas. Good luck!

Jowls and Voluma

You still need filler in the medial cheek area. Voluma is ok for this area as well as Restylane Lyft, Restylane, and Sculptra. You don't have much that I would call jowls but have a deep prejowl sulcus. This needs to be filled and I think you will be happier. I agree with chin Botox to soften the chin.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Jowls and Treatment

You are on the right path but I think that you need more product injected in the cheeks and in the pre-jowl area.  I would consider Restylane Lyft in this area.  Also, Thermage would definitely help tighten the skin, specifically improving the jowl area.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma

Typically with injections like Voluma or other Hyaluronic Acids, you should see the results right away. There is swelling immediately after and the potential for some bruising which should resolve over the first few days after the injections and you may still be swollen in the tear trough area. It is also possible that you may need more Voluma than you got during your first injections (one half of a syringe in each cheek is not typically enough for most patients). The other consideration (with the botox) would be to have some HA injected at the transition between your chin and the "jowls" to soften this transition and soften the transition, thus improving the appearance of jowling.  I have my patients come back to see me after 2-4 weeks to see how happy they are with the injections. If you have concerns, ask your injector, but I will warn you that you probably need to buy additional syringes.

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, Implants, VASER Hi Def Lipo

I find that one tube of voluma will not be enough to treat this area which is not just line filling it needs skin tightening and anatomical lifting through volume on the bone like fat, or multiple vials of sculptra.  You will need treatments over time I have my patients do this in concert with their other immediate fillers or hi def liposuction of the jawline.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Juvederm can help

Some juvederm into the hollow just lateral to your chin will help smooth the transition from your chin to your jowls. Some hyaluronidase can help if the swelling persists.Talk to your doctor about the pain you suffered as this was a lot for you.

Jowls

Voluma can add some volume to the cheek which will lift and can improve the appearance of the jowl- I do not put Voluma in the tear trough though.  I use Restylane in the tear trough.  I think you need to wait at least 2 weeks as your right lower lid looks swollen still- and post more pictures.  The shape of your face can potentially be improved with Botox in your masseters (jaw muscle) and certainly in your chin. Be patient and re-post in a week- will be better able to help.  

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon