Consultation on September 30. A cup trying to get moderate D. What kind of breast implant to I need? (photo)

I'm also looking to get a rid of my outtie to an innie. I don't want no tummy tuck. What are my option and also how much is to get them together?. I'm from Delaware area

Consultation on September 30. A cup trying to get moderate D. What kind of breast implant to I need?

Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Hard to answer this question without an in person exam and specific breast measurements. Remember that there is no direct correlation between implant size (cc's) and cup size. Best option is to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who actually takes the time to measure you and examine your breast pocket. Sizers will only give you a rough estimate. The goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the ideal implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery. In general, high profile implants tend to give a rounded, shelf look while moderate plus profile will give you more of a natural look. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations to determine the best size for you. Good luck!!

Implants candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question,

In my practice for cases like yours I prefer use the Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend seeing an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like.

Prices for a breast augmentation are centered around three cost centers: anesthesia, facility, and surgeon's fees.  The first two are usually based on the amount of time spent in the operating room with prices that are set by the respective cost center.  A surgeon has discretion in his charges to patients and this will encompass the surgical procedure as well as the cost of the implants used.  As these three cost center will vary across the country and by each surgeon, best to see a few physicians in consultation to have a better estimate for the Delaware region.  Hope this helps. 

Implant size vs. Cup size

Please know that it is a common misconception that implant size correlates with the bra cup size. A bra-cup size itself requires many measurements to describe it.

Bra sizes vary among manufacturers, and they can label the cup size by any designation they choose. So a C will be a D for another. Additional factors, such as demi and full cup coverage, specific fabrics, padding, and elastics, can all affect the fit of a bra.

If we consider all things being equal – i.e., you get a bra from the same manufacturer and of the same style, - then I think you might find it helpful to know that a study by Dr. Bengtson and Dr. Glicksman titled “Standardization of Bra Cup Measurements” has shown that the average implant volume required to increase the cup-size by 1 size is equal to 205 ccs. It was also found that normally breast augmentation increases the cup size by 2. However, it is also important to consider the profile as even a smaller implant with a high profile can increase cup-sizes by the same amount.

Now, it may be helpful to do bra-sizing trials with the bra of your choice when you go in for a pre-operative consultation with your board-certified plastic surgeon. Now, although you give importance to cup size designation, what should matter most is that the implant looks good aesthetically and that the chosen bra fits and feels comfortable.

The implant has to fit YOUR body dimensions. The more you deviate from the proper fit, the more fake your breasts will look.

Surgeons use what is called tissue-based planning. The planning takes into account the effects of implants on tissues over time, risks of excessive stretch, excessive thinning, visible or palpable implant edges, visible traction rippling, ptosis (Sagging), and breast tissue wasting.

To determine the final implant size, other breast measurements need to be made as well:  breast skin stretch and nipple-to-Inframammary fold distance. The combination of the breast width along with these measurements will help determine tissue coverage and the required implant volume to optimally fill the breasts. If the skin covering your breasts is stretchy (>2 cm), or if your nipple-to-inframammary fold distance is greater than 9.5 cm, then more volume is needed for the optimal fill.

So please focus more on having full and natural looking breasts rather than trying to fit into a particular bra-cup size.  

All this being said, share all your motivations for surgery, expectations and goals with complete honesty to avoid miscommunication and post-operative concerns/regrets. Be as specific as you can about what you like regarding your breasts and what you don’t like. If you trust your surgeon and their judgment and the decision-making method used to choose the implant size, then you should be in good hands.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Belly button surgery can be performed at the same time.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Augmentation and umbilicoplasty

First, you would have to be examined to make sure that you do not have a hernia. If it is just a skin issue, then they can probably be done together. The fee will vary with different surgeons.

What type of implant should I choose

There are a variety of different implants that you can choose. The main deciding factors are your body measurements and the size of augmentation that you want. Using those factors along with a few others your board certified plastic surgeon will determine which implant best suits your need. I do think high profile silicone implants are a good choice for you.

At the same time as an breast augmentation, surgery can be done on the belly button area. Sometimes people have hernias that cause an outtie. Mention it to your doctor.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

A to D

Thanks for your question. Your surgeon will need to evaluate you to help you find the best implant. A D cup is a good amount of projection and you are slender so you may wish to consider a high profile implant which projects more.

Outies usually mean a small umbilical hernia is present. These can be repaired depending on the size and your PS should be able to help here as well.

I have included sizing faq below as well. hope it helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon