Can a low calorie diet affect the way your scars heal?

I went on the 500 calories HCG diet 6 weeks after a breast lift and implant surgery (4 weeks total on 500 cal/day). 9 months down the road, my scars look terrible and I have keloids around my aureolas. Could this be from the HCG diet or do you think it's unrelated?

Generally, good nutrition is an important part of the healing process. Of course, it is hard to know whether your specific diet contributed specifically to poor scarring; some patients will experience poor scars despite optimal nutrition. Given your concerns, follow up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to discuss options including possible scar revision surgery. Best wishes.