Candidate for chin implant? (photos)

Not a fan of my profile, but it may just be that I need to lose weight. What do you think of the symmetry and location of my chin vs mouth/nose?

Chin Augmentation

The best way to determine if chin augmentation would be beneficial for you is to have some computer imaging from three different facial angles. While your chin does seem a bit horizontally short the effects of chin augmentation must seem beneficial to you. With your chin augmentation neck liposuction or a submentoplasty would also be complementary to the overall effect.

Chin implants can provide nice improvement to your profile

It appears as though a chin implant could improve your profile nicely.  I can place the implant through a small incision under your chin or from inside the gumline if you don't want any scars.  The procedure takes about an hour with minimal downtime and recovery.  Thank you for your question!Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Do I need a Chin Implant

Hi and thanks for your question and photo.  Yes, your chin is under projected and you would benefit from a chin implant.  I would be happy to show you how it would look using computer imaging during a consultation.  Good luck.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a Chin Augmenatation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Candidate for chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is some excess skin and fat below the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles and there is excess facial fat in front and below the cheeks.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face as discussed above.  This can be combined with removal of excess skin and fat.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.

Chin augmentation?

Based on your photo it seems that chin augmentation may help. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for clinical, in person, evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon