Bellafill - will I continue to have to get injections for the remainder of my lifetime?

will I continue to have to get injections for the remainder of my lifetime?

Bellafill and Longevity

While Bellafill is essentially permanent and will maintain the volume restoration when you have a Bellafill injection for life, the fact is that you will age and lose volume.  As a result you will likely want or need more at some point if you want to maintain your look as much as possible.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Bellafill and Longevity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Duration of Bellafill

I have injected a ton of Bellafill in my office and get this question a lot.   My response is simply this:   Aging will continue to occur.  Bellafill is really great at replacing collagen you have lost, which we know is approximately 1 cc/year after the age of 25 for women and 35 for men. 

So, do you have to keep getting injections: no.

Can you continue to have product injected over time should you choose:  yes.

Again, reason being you will continue to lose collagen and my goal as an artist and injector is to keep a balance in your appearance replacing what's going away, as it goes away, versus having to do high-volume corrections all at once at a later age.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Duration of Bellafill

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Once I have Bellafill, will I need further filler injections?

The body continues to age and lose volume. Although Bellafill will maintain it's correction for 5 or more years, there is fat, bone, and muscle loss ongoing. Every 12-18 months, I suggest topping up the filler to remain volumized. The great thing about Bellafill is that you don't have to start back a square one. You will continue to build on what was placed previously.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bellafill

Yes, until something better comes along because at this time, no one has managed to find the Fountain of Youth or how to stop the clock of continued aging. New better options will continue to be developed. Good luck!

Bellafill

Bellafill and Results

Bellafill is injected differently than other fillers; less over time and then it builds collagen naturally. It is not an immediate fill like other fillers. Bellafill is more permanent than other fillers and thus it requires meticulous injection technique and someone skilled and experienced. Some physicians do not use this product for those reasons. I use a significant amount of this product and find it very useful and beneficial for patients. Best, Dr. Emer

Bellafill and Results