I'm looking for something natural looking and affordable for my lips. What would be my best option? (Photo)

Lip Augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid Fillers

I would suggest lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane.  This procedure can be performed in the office with little downtime.  I also would suggest that you find a surgeon who utilizes the microcannula technique.  This technique allows the procedure to be performed without virtually any pain, and with minimal bruising and swelling compared to traditional "needle" injection techniques.  Good Luck!

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Filler

Lip augmentation with an injectable filler can make the lips more full, plump, and supple.  I like to use a hyaluronic acid filler (Juvederm or Restylane) and injected the red lip.  I believe injections with a blunt tipped microcannula decrease the risk of bruising and create a more natural result.  Lips can be tricky to inject, so I would choose your injector wisely.I hope this helps.  

I'm looking for something natural looking and affordable for my lips.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Dermal fillers are the most popular treatment option at enhancing lip volume and definition and I would recommend using Juvederm Ultra Plus. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive work in lip augmentations to maximize your results.  Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question photos. I do think you're a good candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler. Soft fillers like Belotero and Restylane Silk can give a nice natural result, but these tend to not last as long as some other products, making them somewhat less cost-effective. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. While fillers are an ideal solution for adding volume to thin lips, it is not permanent. An excellent technique for permanent lip injections is fat injections. It offers the only natural method for lip augmentation. I suggest that you move forward with a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

It all depends on the patient and should be discussed during a consultation with your doctor.  I would suggest soft fillers like Restylane Silk. This can give a nice natural result, but tend to not last as long as other products. In order to figure out the best treatment plan and type of filler, I would suggest a consultation with a well-trained dermatologist. Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing pictures. First and foremost, it is best to always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane are great hyaluronic acid based fillers that give great natural results. Hyaluronic acid is not animal derived, so unlike collagen it requires no pre-testing. However, since it is made from natural substances, it is unfortunately not permanent. Though some patients have reported results lasting up to two years, six to nine months is the norm. Best of Luck!!

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Fillers do well to treat the lips for shape, volume, and contour. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Natural looking lips

Without doubt, the best means of attaining natural looking augmented lips for first timers is having Restylane or Juvederm.  If you are happy with the results (and pretty much everyone is happy!), other means of lip augmentation can be done in the future.  

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Less is More

Thanks for the great question! I agree that a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler is the way to go. If you want something longer lasting then Juvaderm or Restylane are good options. When first getting lip injections have the injector start with small amounts. You will have a lot of swelling for the first few days after getting injected, so give it 1-2 weeks for the swelling to go down. You can always come back and have more put in later if you want a little more volume. Make sure you see someone with a lot of experience injecting lips as they can sometimes be tricky. Best of luck in you area!