How do I get rid of my double chin when I'm naturally thin? (photos)

I am naturally thin and I'm 18 years old and I feel very self conscious about it and want to get rid of it. Are there any exercises I can do or is surgery the only option?

Two non-surgical fat reduction options for the chin, Kybella and CoolMini.

The past year saw FDA approval for two non-surgical fat reduction options for the chin, Kybella and CoolMini. Kybella is a series of injections that melts the fat under the chin, while CoolMini uses cryolipolisis technology to “freeze” and eliminate fat under the chin. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist who offers both of these options for a consultation to see if you are an appropriate candidate for either.

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella and Double Chin NYC

It appears from your photo that you are an excellent candidate for Kybella.  The submental fat is genetic and a small amount of Kybella should reduce this area and improve your appearance.  Please  consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella can help

Kybella is a non-surgical injection that can help melt the double chin fat.
Not sure of any exercises, but Kybella can help.

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but based on the photos it looks like you might be a good candidate for Kybella. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Kybella for Submittal Fat Reduction

From the pictures it appears that you would be a great candidate for the procedure. Probably 2 to 3 treatments would suffice for a great result. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for proper evaluation.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your question, battycandy. You may be an excellent candidate for Kybella, the only FDA-improved injectable to contour and improve you jawline by addressing submental fullness due to submental fat. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Kybella right for me?

You appear to be the perfect candidate for Kybella treatments to the submental fullness you describe.  As much as I love Kybella, our office is now using a combination approach to better manage full neck concerns including the Cool Sculpt Mini adapter for lateral fullness and Thermi250 for smaller pockets of fat as well for associated skin laxity  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Options for submental fat

Some patients have a genetic tendency to develop fat under the chin despite being thin.  There are now more options for non-invasive treatment of this area.  Kybella is a series of injections that reduces fat by dissolving it over time. Multiple injection treatments are needed generally spaced about 6 weeks apart.  Coolsculpting also has the ability to treat submental fat in patients.  1-2 treatments are performed about a month apart.  Seek out an expert who does both procedures and have a consultation about which is best for you.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

How do I get rid of my double chin when I'm naturally thin?

Kybella® fat melting injections are perfect for patients with extra neck fat. As this is a new technique, please consult a board certified dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Albany, NY Kybella expert- may work great for you, but there are other less expensive options- get a consultation to learn more

Kybella may work great for you but may require several treatments and in the end may cost much more than truSculpt or other non-invasive options.  Get a consultation with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon who is an Expert Injector, so that you can explain exactly what concerns you and then have a thorough exam to evaluate exactly what bothers you.

Liposuction using a microlipo technique, Ultherapy and truSculpts are other options.... cost, recovery, results are all factors your plastic surgeon should outline for you in detail.
Hope this helps and Best of luck! 

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon