Tummy Tuck? Skin tightening? Any solution?? (photos)

I am 65 and really don't like the slack skin on my stomach. It's just normal aging skin (I think) but you can see it's obvious mostly above my belly button. I am reluctant to get a full on tummy tuck because of the scar. I had Excelis laser series several years ago and it did ZERO. I eat right, exercise etc. but here I am. Question: do I chalk it up to aging and get a one piece bathing suit or is there some solution I've missed?

You look amazing...

for your age (or any age, for that matter), so congratulations on doing everything right. Unfortunately, our skin, like the rest of us ages, only the skin we can see, and the heart and lungs we cannot. I share your concerns that from the photo, a tummy tuck is a significant operation that might not be indicated for you. There are several non-invasive treatment options for you that would include one or a combination of radio frequency with micro needling ("Voluderm") or without micro needling ("Tripollar"), with possible additional benefit of fractional laser resurfacing ("Resurfx"). 
It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in both surgical and non-surgical options. My advice would be to not rush into any decisions about surgery. 
Best of luck to you. 

Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin

I must say, you’re in great shape! Unfortunately, at this point a full tummy tuck might be your only effective option to tighten up that skin since you haven’t had success with nonsurgical methods. You may be right — you might just have to accept it. But don’t fret, because you still look great regardless!

TT

A panniculectomy is the best  way to remove excess skin in a patient that has adequate core muscles. The surgery still involves a fairly long lower abdominal scar. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. First of all, congratulations for remaining in such a great shape at your age. In your case the only way to address skin laxity in you belly is through a tummy tuck procedure.Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy Tuck and Loose Skin

Thanks for your question.  It would be essential to examine you in person to make sure you are a good candidate for tummy tuck.  In general, loose skin requires excision with tummy tuck.  At the same time, the underlying muscles can be tightened which further enhances the tightening and flattening effect.  Liposuction removes fat, but will not tighten the skin.
Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Thank you for your question and photograph.  The only true way to get rid of skin laxity is through a skin resection procedure, such as a tummy tuck.  Non-invasive treatments do little in the long-term and though the incision can be well hidden and inconspicuous it is the tradeoff for trying to achieve a tighter/flatter/smoother shape.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options.  

Abdominal Skin tightening

The noninvasive procedures will be "non-productive" as well.  You have to weigh the potential gain of an abdominoplasty against the cost, risk, and recuperation from the larger procedure.  Congratulations on being in such excellent shape!

Dr Kayser

thank you for your question. I must compliment you on your figure at your age. I think you have done quite well. As you mentioned, however, skin laxity does occur with age and short of any formal surgical procedure, does not really improve otherwise. A formal tummy tuck will likely be you're best outcome, however, there is a procedure referred to as a reverse abdominoplasty where the incision is made under the breast fold and allows the elevation of skin above the belly button to be pulled up. This may be an option for you to consider. In any case I would consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these procedures. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck? Skin tightening? Any solution??

The tummy tuck will produce the best result to tighten the skin as you know.  The other methods of skin tightening do not produce noticeable results.
Beverly Hills, CA