Gynecomastia surgery 2 weeks post-op; will I need a revision?

Hi im 22 years old and had excision/lipo surgery for gyno 2 weeks ago noticing a hard lump right under my right nipple, and a hard line of tissue from under my left nipple to the side, also been noticing my nipples are starting to look puffy again. Wondering if that's normal after surgery and massaging the area would correct this or getting gyno all over again? If this isn't normal will the lumps go away after some time or will I need surgery again?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after gynecomastia surgery. Your surgeon will always be your best resource for accurate diagnosis, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance.  Once complications such as hematoma or seroma has been ruled out, then it will be your best interest to allow for at least 3 to 6 months to pass before evaluating the final outcome of the procedure performed.  At that point, it will be possible to determine whether  any residual "mass" is related to residual breast tissue or maturing scar tissue.  Treatment of course will vary depending on this diagnosis.  Again, key will be close follow-up with your surgeon and ongoing patience once acute complications have been ruled out. Best wishes.

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Need To Wait 6 Months for a "Final" Result

It is very early in your post-op course to conclude that you need further surgery for subcutaneous lumps or bumps, since it is expected that you will have some of that with normal healing.  The tissues begin swelling shortly after the surgery is completed, and can persist for up to a year, however, at 6 months, it should be obvious if you will need a revision.  Normal lumps can be due to a small blood collection which turns into scar tissue, fat necrosis, or even your normal tissues due to normal swelling.  Depending on what your surgeon thinks the lumps are, there are many different approaches to deal with them.  Some surgeons encourage massage at 2 weeks, but I think that you should talk to your surgeon and ask him/her about what they recommend.
I hope that I gave you the information you were looking for.  Good luck!