Post-op painful swelling. Any suggestions? (photos)

I've gone from a 34a to 400cc's textured implant under the muscle. I am three days post-op and am wondering when the painful peck swelling will subside? Thanjk you!

3 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Painful Post-Op Swelling

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Also, to help with healing, your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the postoperative period. Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. If you find that you have any questions at all it will be best to visit your surgeon and ensure that healing is progressing properly.

Breast augmentation

The pec spasm can last a few days to a few weeks, and the implants will settle with time. Best of luck.

Post Op Swelling

Typically swelling will peak around day 3 or 4 so it isn't likely to get worse than it is now. By the two week mark you should be seeing some improvement. Drop & fluff will take between 2-6 months. I recommend that you share any concerning changes with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can advise you.

All the best 

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still very early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down over the first 3 months and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing there to be more fullness at the bottom.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would continue to wear your surgical bra, ice your breasts on and off and perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Pain after breast augmentation

Sorry to hear you are in pain, but this is very common after submuscular augmentation. That is why many docs will recommend a pain pump or Exparel injections at the time of surgery.  As the muscle stretches and everything relaxes, the pain will subside.  Ice packs on the top of the breasts may also help.  Since your implants are fairly large, the pain can last 1-3 weeks.  Talk to your PS about pain management if your current regimen of meds is not working.