Are my nipples supposed to look like this on bottom? They come down into a point & before my lift were not this way? (Photos)

I am almost 4 weeks post op, I had removal of old PIP 425cc saline implants. My dr performed the removal, a lift and replacement with 450cc silicon. At my 2nd post op, one week from surgery, I asked the nurse about it and she said "oh they won't stay like that." 4 weeks, they are still like this. I haven't seen my dr since the day of surgery as I've only had nurses for my 3 post op appointments. I am to return next week for them to place the scar strips.

Tear drop shaped nipples

They may improve a little bit, but you will likely need a revision .THis is often a minor procedure, but you need to wait about 6 months or so.

Nipple distortion

Is very common after a lift +/- augmentation. It appears you have a very good result 3-4 weeks post-op. The little tear drop shape is very common during these procedures. Allow some time for things to settle, if things don't round out to your liking a minor revision in the office under local could easily be performed.

Possible outcome

Nipple areolar distortion is a known issue after breast lift with or without a breast implant.  It really depends on the natural forces on your skin and this can be unpredictable at times.  This can be revised at a later date to improve your results.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Post-Op Healing with Nipples and Scars

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. #Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. While you are still early on in the healing process you should not hesitate to visit your surgeon again with any questions or concerns about your incisions and scars. Best of luck to you!

Technical limitations

This is a technical limitation of the design and execution of this surgery.  It is not desirable for the nipples to have this shape.  It may improve with time.