Is there a way to make breasts look perkier with just implants and no lift surgery?

I don't really like the look of breasts after a breast lift surgery, I believe it makes it obvious that a surgery has been performed. I am eighteen years old and have a 38G breast size. I would like my breasts to be larger through implants, but because of my weight fluctuations when I was younger, my breasts have sagged quite a bit, not too bad, but bad enough that they look exceptionally worse than previous years. Is there a way for me to make my breasts "perkier" with just implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on the history that you provide, that you have weight fluctuations and the breast is sagged, he most likely will need a breast lift in addition to implants. Breast implants will not lift A breast. To understand the risks of implants alone placed into a sagging breast please read below:

Implants provide volume but not perkiness

Thank you for your question.  From your description that your breasts have "sagged quite a bit," I suspect you have significant ptosis (sag).  Implants alone can provide volume and fullness in the upper breast, but if your breast sags, then the tissue will slide off which is not going to give you the perky look you desire.  It sounds like you need to consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons who have experience with lift/implant procedures.  Try to not to focus on the scar.  You are trading scars for perkier, prettier breasts.  Unfortunately there is no great way to lift the breast without a lift surgery.  Good luck.

Is there a way to make breasts look perkier with just implants and no lift surgery

A breast implant alone will not make your breasts look perky. In particular, with your weight fluctuations and the likelihood that the skin has lost much of its integrity, I think an implant alone will make you larger but saggier

Julio Garcia, MD

Implants to Improve Breast Droop?

If you have droopy breasts that appear "saggy," it is likely that you would need a breast lift to address this. A G-cup is already quite a large breast. The more weight you add to your breasts, the more gravity has to pull down. Think about the analogy of an 80-year-old woman with A-cup breasts ... they are probably not too droopy. But an 80-year-old woman with DD-cup (or certainly G-cup for that matter) probably has droopy breasts. The more weight you have on your breasts, the droopier they will get with time. 

Nobody is excited about the scars associated with a breast lift, but it may be the best aesthetic result. Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for a thorough exam and discuss your goals.

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Breast implants

Breast implants alone do not lie the breast to any significant extent. A formal lift is needed in the majority of patients.

I think your goals are largely unachievable and unrealistic. I would strongly advise you against considering placement of breast implants or even undergoing a breast lift at the age of 18 unless you seek reduction in size combined with elevation of droopiness.  Patients your size who generally proceed seek a relief of neck shoulder and back pain by the breast reduction and uplift procedure.  Otherwise, any scarring or uplift surgery especially if associated with implants will likely cause future problems.  There is too great a risk of getting onto a "slippery slope" by continually seeking larger implants to take up the stretched and loose skin from weight fluctuations and as well as from carrying the weight of the breast implants that you placed a few years earlier.  Good luck to you.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

I agree with you. I don't like the look of breasts after conventional breast surgery. This is why I decided to find a better solution for women. Adding implants will not create "perkier" breasts. Implants add volume and make the breasts heavier. Heavier breasts will sag faster. If your breasts are already saggy, adding additional weight is not the solution. Breasts must be repositioned higher on the chest wall to make them "perkier". I have attached an example of what can now be achieved with more current breast lifting/reduction technology. You are welcome to visit my gallery to find others with similar dimensions as you. This woman underwent The Horndeski Method breast lift without vertical incisions and without the extra cost, maintenance and complications associated with breast implants. I hope this helps.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately based on your bra size alone it would be difficult to achieve a "perky" appearance to your breasts with implants.  Depending on your desired appearance I would advocate a breast reduction followed by an implant placement in a second stage procedure.  Hope this helps.

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Perky Breasts

You're a G already and want to go larger with an implant?  I would caution against that, as going larger will likely eventually lead to more sagging, and back and neck pain, and make working out more difficult to keep weight off.  The best thing to do is to consult with a local/regional plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon