36 year female shaved my face 17 years what do I expect after my 3 laser treatment? (Photos)

I've had 3 laser treatments, but after each treatment my hair grows back thicker for about 4 days. I have noticed that my shadow is not as visible after 3 treatments. However, I'm just curious what to expect from here on out? I do see some changes. Also, is this really my hair falling out in patches? And should I be exfoliating it?

You Need 6 to 9 treatments for optimal results

Your results are as expected. With each treatment, you can expect to lose about 15%  of your hair. In the beginning, it can appear patchy.  After 6 to 9 treatments, you should have a reduction of 70 to 90 percent. It is not possible to remove all of the hair

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser hair removal on chin

It looks like you are getting a good response to your treatments. Hair on the face and head usually require a few more treatments than on areas below the neck. It is OK to exfoliate a few days after each treatment to keep the skin smooth and although no one likes it, it is best to continue shaving in between treatments. Definitely let your doctor or aesthetician know about the thickness of your hair growth, they may need to adjust the settings of the laser.

Adaeze Okeke, MD
Houston Physician

Chin hair

You seem to be having this appropriate results so far.  I would definitely continue your whole series, and make sure your dermatologist or certified laser specialist is aware how robust your hair growth is.  I would expect that any endocrine abnormalities have been ruled out? Stick with the program and best of luck!

Amy Y. Paul, DO, FAAD
Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal on chin

I takes 6 treatments or more for LHR on chin. You need to continue with the treatment and not stop here. I will require touch ups every 6-12 months as well. Chin hair is hard to eradicate and analyzing it at this point is not necessary.

Steven F. Weiner, MD