How Deep Does Vaser Lipo Go?

Last year I had my ovaries removed thru an old abdominal scar from a previous surgery. My surgeon mentioned post op that the fascia holding up my bowel(?) was 'ratty' and might require repair with mesh in the future. Could abdominal lipo cause any problem?

Abdominal hernia is a contraindication to lipoplasty

You should absolutely have a full evaluation and repair of any abdominal wall dehiscence, weakness or hernia before you ever consider abdominal liposuction by any method or technology. Actually, any hernia repaired by mesh is a contraindication to lipoplasty, especially VASER lipoplasty for me. The mesh-less hernia repair should be completely healed before lipoplasty is performed to avoid the risk of intra-abdominal penetration or bowl extrusion.

Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

About Vaser Lipo and Existing Health Conditions

Vaser liposuction, also known as Vaser #lipo, LipoSelection or Liposuction, is an advanced body #contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, #Vaser lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently #reshape your body. What distinguishes the Vaser lipo procedure is its ability to differentiate targeted #fat from other important tissues; such as nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. Innovative VASER #technology breaks up fat while preserving these other important tissues to promote smooth #results and rapid healing.

An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates. In many cases, plastic surgery can be done with some health conditions. It just depends on the medical condition at the time. In addition to a required one-on-one consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures. Also, every patient is screened for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures. By acquiring clearance from your primary, any specialists you may see and your board certified plastic surgeon, you will further confirm if vaser is a good choice for you.

It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

How Deep Vaser Lipo Goes

Traditional liposuction is only performed in the deep layers of fat. Deep fat is where the “bulk” is stored. Vaser technology has allowed surgeons to explore liposculpture in the superficial layer of fat. Superficial fat is located directly beneath the skin. In previous traditional lipo, this area would never have been touched. Hi-Def really takes place in the superficial layer of fat, just below the skin.

How Deep Vaser Lipo Goes

Liposuction depth

I am not sure what a ratty fascia is but you should check with that surgeon(gynecologist?) to have him explain what he meant. Liposuctioning does not  involve the fascia. As long as you have someone who knows what they are doing and have no hernias it should be OK

Liposuction depth