I'm 50 yrs old and had deep laser peel 3 times in the past 5 years. Is it safe to have these peels every year?

I have had deep laser peels 3 times in the past 5 years, the last one a year ago. I am in my 50s. I am scheduling one again within the next month. Is it safe to have one of these peels every year?

Thanks for your query. Laser peel once a year should be fine. You can get them done. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Laser peels

Deep laser peels remove the epidermis and upper portion of the dermis. The skin then resurfaces itself over the next several days. There isn't any reason you can't have one of these peels yearly. Be sure to consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in laser resurfacing to have these performed.

How frequently can deep laser peels be done?

Deep peels remove the out layer of epidermis and some of the dermis as well, essentially producing a partial-thickness burn.  The skin takes around 6 weeks to heal completely, so if I have a patient scheduling a series of deep peels I'll space these 6-8 weeks apart. Getting a deep peel every year is certainly safe.

Jennifer Greer, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon