I had Smart Lipo on my abdomen 9/21/16. I'm not to happy with results, is it too soon?

Smart lipo

Hi and thank you for your question.

You are still early in your recovery. The swelling will subside in 4 to 6 months.  Try to be patient and give it some time. Continue  to follow all instructions and contact your surgeon with any questions or concerns. Best wishes.

Reading Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. You wont start to see your final results until around 3 months post op when most of the swelling will have resolved. I usually have my patient’s wear their compression garments with topifoam and daily light massaging during their recovery period. You can also take 1 capsule of Resveratrol a day to assist in recovery. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to see results

After any surgical procedure its normal be want to see result right away but remember you have to be patient. You need to follow your Dr.'s post operative instructions, wear your compression garment and be patient.  Its normal to be swollen, the surgical area is healing.  You will see a significant difference in two months and it gradually gets nicer with time.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks after Smartlipo is much too early to judge the results

you need to wait 6 months to see the final result from Smartlipo. you are only 6 weeks after Smartlipo. i find most of my patients, get the biggest improvement after 2 months. It is normal to want great results early, but please be patient and you will be very pleased. 

remember too, there is no magic. You will almost certainly get a better result if you also increase your dieting and exercising. 

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with SmartLipo results

You are only about 6 weeks into the healing process - much too early to make any judgments about results.  Swelling is still going down, and skin is still shrinking back into place.  You will have a pretty good idea about your results around the first of the year, but will not have "final" results until at least the end of March 2017.  Try to be patient and follow you surgeon's instructions.  Best of luck.

SmartLipo results

Thanks for your question. Being that it is only November, it is entirely too soon to reach optimal results. Be patient through the process and allow 6-9 months.

Should you remain unhappy, you may consult with a board certified expert to explore your options. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Takes time

Time will settle down and improve areas of swelling as the tissues heal and resolve.

Compression garments can help.

Smart lipo

Thank you for your question. You are in early phase of healing. In order to evaluate results I recommend to wait 304 months. Please talk to your PS and possibly add venus legacy for tightening of skin

Too Soon To Tell--Liposuction Results, add Cellutone, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra to aftercare

Yes, it's too soon. You can have swelling 3-6 months after your procedure. I recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results.  If you wanted more contouring like a HI DEF result which you see results pretty much immediately I suggest seaking to a VASER 4D contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Smart Lipo

Thank you for posting your question. After a procedure, it takes time for your body to adjust and settle into its final shape. For Smart lipo, it can take about 4-6 months for swelling and bruises to resolve. Be patient and continue following up with your physician to address any concern. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon