7 wks TT and flank lipo. Did needle aspiration, 2nd drain and antibiotic into belly. Is damage being done from constant fluid?

For the past 3 weeks I have been dealing with fluid and a seroma that I had a drain put back in a week ago after 2 weeks of 200ish needle aspirations. Is the fluid accumulation doing damage to my TT? We tried injecting antibiotics 3 days ago that were in for 8 hrs. I was quite sick that evening to include naseau and cramping. What is the next drastic step ? My drainage has come down via the drain to 100ish so I see progress. But is it doing any damage other than impeading healing ?

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (7 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Seroma after tummy tuck

It sounds to me from your story, that your surgeon is right on top of the management of a late seroma after a tummy tuck. Should this area persist in draining, a plastic surgeon may consider that a pseudo-bursa has formed, necessitating a surgical removal and reclosure of the overlying tummy tuck.  I don't think there is a known timeframe that one would leave a drain in before resorting to this last step. Best of luck in your recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your seroma issues.  Though frustrating, once treatment has been completed and you no longer have a seroma, your final results should not be impacted long-term.  It is excellent news that your drainage is diminishing but because of your extended seroma treatment I would maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure you go on to seal the seroma cavity without need for additional treatment.  Best wishes.