should I do laser lightening now for my coverup, up hold off for new and more efficient lasers? (photos)

I got the snake and background around it about a year ago. I'm unhappy with the snake head for a personal reason. I asked my artist if he could cover it up with some type of rose (similar to the one shown below). He said I should do a few laser treatments first. But, I'm wondering if I should hold off and wait for better lasers to come out. I'm also worried about scarring from the laser. Since the tattoo is only a year old, should I just wait several years before doing anything?

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

You can begin the tattoo removal process at any time. Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers, we will often combine with fractional lasers to help speed the process. No matter the device it will take several treatments to see the outcome depending on your response and the technology. Please see a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Laser Tattoo Removal

Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments on average. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for almost 20 years.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon