What procedure could I do to enhance my chin/jawline? It's very weak from the side view and pointy when I smile (Photo)

My chin is very weak and so is my jaw line. I absolutely hate the side view of my chin. I do have an overbite so that could be why but I do not want to get jaw surgery. Is there anything else I could do for an attractive chin/jawline??

Chin implants could be a good option for a more attractive jawline

There are other options to consider, aside from jaw surgery, to fix the appearance of a weak chin. A strong chin and well-defined jawline is highly desired by many people, male or female, and can be achieved with the placement of chin implants. Chin implants vary in size and are placed through a submental incision to give a more aesthetically appealing profile. I recommend visiting a skilled, board-certified facial plastic surgeon to find out if chin implants are right for you, and if so, what size implants are most suitable for your face. I hope this helps.

Procedure to Improve My Chin/Jawline

Consider a chin/jowl implant combined with neck liposuction to increase chin projection and improve definition of your jawline. Better proportions in the lower part of your face can be achieved. 

Chin implant candidate

A chin implant can help with improving the  projection and width of the chin. There is also a small amount of vertical height augmentation that  occurs with placement of a chin implant.  Chin implants are composed of Silastic, and can be custom carved when necessary to meet the patient's unique anatomy. Chin implants are placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure that takes approximately 30 minutes. For many examples, diagrams and more information, please see the video and the link below

Judicious Jawline

You would actually benefit from a chin implant! I do see what you mean about your chin being "pointy" when you smile, so we would use a specific chin implant that actually adds volume on the outer edges of the chin, but doesn't add a lot of length to the end of the chin. With this, your chin will no longer appear pointy as it will be a broader shape. At the same time, you could also benefit from submentoplasty, which would include some slight debulking under the chin as well as restructuring the platysma bands in the neck to give you a cleaner neck and jawline. We wouldn't need to create any sort of additional incision to perform this procedure, we would actually be working within the same incision created for the chin implant.

The final procedure you could undergo to balance out the lower half of the face is to have buccal fat back removal. This would remove some of the puffiness from around the mouth, allowing your cheeks to look more defined and your chin, in contrast, not to appear quite so narrow.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak Jawline and Chin

Weak Jawline and chin could be the consequence of a receding lower jaw, receding chin or both. The decision is made by looking at the occlusion (bite), examination of the dental impression and review of the head X-rays. You seem to have a receding lower jaw and slight excess fat under the chin. You may want to visit a plastic surgeon who does orthognathic surgery. If you decide again a jaw surgery you would benefit from removal fat from under the chin and a geniplasty by someone who understands what needs to be done. This will be less complicated but it also would not provide as much improvement as a jaw surgery would.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

You will benefit from a genioplasty as you chin height is too short and a chin implant will not help you
Good luck

Gaby D. Doumit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon